MD-St Marys Co
About Our Chapter
Child bedlessness is a problem. As a national nonprofit with chapters spread across the country, Canada, and Bermuda, SHP provides a solution. We are a 501(3)(c) volunteer organization that builds beds for kids ages 3-17 who do not have beds of their own. YOU can help our St. Mary's County Chapter!
- SPONSOR a Build Day. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- VISIT our Facebook page to see what we've been doing.
- VOLUNTEER at our next Build Day on Saturday, March 14 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. A registration link will be posted here on March 1.
- MARK your calendar for April 4 - we'll host a build day if funding becomes available and the demand for beds requires it.
- DONATE monies for lumber & mattresses - use the link below.
- DONATE NEW bedding: pillows, twin sheets, twin comforters. For your convenience we have six drop off locations in St. Mary's County (Dr. James A. Forrest Career and Technology Center, Evergreen Elementary, Greenview Knolls Elementary, Hospice House of St. Mary's, Lettie Marshall Dent Elementary, and Toby's Barbershop).
- DONATE gift cards for lumber, mattresses, new bedding (Lowe's, BJ's, Target, Walmart) - same drop off locations as listed above.
- MAIL checks to SHP, PO Box 1112, Lexington Park, MD 20653
- FOLLOW & LIKE us on Facebook
With generous donations and a few volunteers, we can provide needy children with safe, comfortable places to Sleep in Heavenly Peace.