About Our Chapter
Child bedlessness is a national problem, and as a nonprofit with chapters all across the USA, SHP is providing a national solution.
Sleep in Heavenly Peace (SHP) is an All-Volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit that builds & delivers twin beds FREE OF CHARGE to needy families whose children ages 4-17 are sleeping on the floor, on a couch, or with their parents or siblings. The beds include ALL NEW frames, mattresses, blankets/quilts, sheet sets, and pillows.
A Frederick News Post article about our April 30th Bed Build Event:
There are multiple ways to get involved right here on our MD-Frederick Co page.
- If you’d like to volunteer for our next "Bed Build Day", check out our upcoming events in the right column.
- If you'd like to help with "Bed Deliveries", click on the "EMAIL US" link to send a message.
- Did you know your company, organization, or family can sponsor a Build Day? Click on “EMAIL US” to learn more
- To make a financial or in-kind contribution, Click on the "Donate Here" button to see all the available options.
- If you have 'new in package' bedding that you would like to donate, but you have no way to get it to one of our two drop-off spots in Frederick, Use the “Email Us” link below to leave a message and we’ll arrange to do the pickup.
Come join our effort to see that: "No Kid Sleeps on the Floor in Our Town". You'll be GLAD you did.