Thank you for your interest in sponsoring a Bunk Bed Build Day with Sleep in Heavenly Peace!
At SHP, we fully believe that a bed is a basic need for the proper physical, emotional, and mental support that a child needs. When it was brought to our attention that the need for beds went far beyond our own neighborhoods, we stepped up and took initiative. We're a national organization answering the call to a national problem.
Our mission is to ensure that no kid sleeps on the floor in our town. As you can imagine this is a huge task and we can’t do it on our own. We need your help to make a difference.
Whether you're interested in scheduling a Build Day or contributing financially, you and your team can experience the joy of providing beds for children in need.
HOW YOUR SPONSORSHIP CAN HELP SHP
There are a few different types of sponsorship available, and each type is essential. Here's how you can help!
Sponsor by Donating to Help Support a Build Day
Each bunk bed costs $350 from start to finish. This includes the cost of materials, mattresses, and bedding. You can sponsor by donating through an SHP store purchase. This allows you to sponsor all or part of a child's new bed. Whether you purchase one bunk bed or ten sets of sheets, your sponsorship will help SHP deliver new beds to children in need.
Sponsor by Hosting a Build Day
Our Build Days are special events where we partner with an organization like yours to build bunk beds. Hosting a build day allows your organization to learn valuable trade and craft skills while networking and building relationships. Through volunteering to build beds, your organization provides necessary and critical support to the local community.
Information to Note About Build Days
- No kits- our bunk beds are built from scratch and built to last a lifetime
- Bunk beds include mattresses, pillows and bedding when delivered
- All power tools and hand tools are supplied by SHP on the day of the event
- Volunteers use drills, sanders, etc. to build bunk beds and have the opportunity to help deliver the beds the following week to selected recipients
- A typical event begins in the morning and ends around mid-day
- The number of volunteers and beds will determine the time needed to support the event
- All volunteers are required to sign an electronic SHP indemnification form
- No experience is needed. Inexperienced volunteers are trained and supervised by experienced staff from SHP
- Beds go to those who have applied for a bed through SHP's website (children ages 3-17)
How to Host a Successful Build Day
- Donate or fundraise in order to provide materials needed ($350 a bed)
- Start signing up volunteers weeks before your event
- Send reminder emails to volunteers to thank them and remind them of the upcoming event as it gets closer
- Share a link on promotional materials to the SHP website (www.shpbeds.org) to help encourage and supply a resource for local children in need
- Host the event in a location that will support both the number of volunteers and workspace needed to build the number of beds to be built (SHP recommends a location such as a warehouse or parking lot with a minimum of two separate power circuits)
- Promote your Build Day through social media or other channels
HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM SPONSORING
- You're providing hand-crafted, high-quality and built to last beds to local children
- You or your organization are helping provide necessary and critical support to your local community through improving physical and emotional help to children sleeping on the floor in your town
- If you choose to host a build day, your organization will naturally network and build relationships through the teamwork necessary to assemble beds for kids in need
We understand that you might have questions and we do our best to provide as much information as we can. If you can't find the answers to your questions above, please reach out to your local chapter for more information on how you or your organization can help sponsor a build day.
Ready to Sponsor a Build? Let's Get You Started!
SHP is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and 100% of all donations and funds go toward providing beds for children.